Full course description
Welcome to the course on Coaching and Team Development for the AIMC Certified Consultant Certification Program.
The purpose of this course is to explore the basic knowledge and skills internal consultants need to effectively coach clients and team members, as well as how they can form, lead, and develop high-functioning project teams. Team building and coaching are skills that help to position internal consultants to maximize their impact on the organization and increase the value of key initiatives.
Effectively applying these skills also helps to enable their client groups and other stakeholders to support positive change.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to perform the following:
- Possesses a fundamental knowledge of contracting, goal setting, and performance coaching concepts and their application to developing the individuals, leaders, and teams they work with in their role as an internal consultant
- Contract with teams and individuals to set the stage for an effective coaching relationship
- Work with clients to set goals and develop performance plans
- Provide appropriate advice, feedback, and development resources to improve the effectiveness of individuals and teams
- Provide clear behavioral feedback to clients about performance development opportunities and problems
- Tailor development suggestions (e.g., training, learning opportunities, key experiences) to fit individual, team. and organizational needs.