Full course description
Welcome to this course on Management Consulting - Understanding the Internal Consulting Project Lifecycle and Value for the AIMC Certified Consultant Certification Program.
The purpose of this course is to provide a basic, end-to-end illustration of a potential lifecycle for an internal management consulting engagement for new and experienced internal management consultants. We will also explore how to measure the value of consulting work by introducing a comprehensive strategy for measuring return on investment.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to perform the following:
- Possesses a high-level understanding of the basic consulting processes which includes contracting, diagnosis, solution selection and design, and implementing and sustaining change; and can explain it to others in a way that it can be commonly understood.
- Use structured diagnostics to accurately determine the root causes of various organizational performance issues and partners with the client to determine the appropriate intervention strategy and expectations/scope (contracting)
- Ensure the right clients are involved for success of the project
- Understand and demonstrate the value/ROI of the consulting work provided to the client
- Effectively build a business case when introducing recommendations or solution
- Continually monitor the client's threshold for acceptance of recommendations and refines approach and contracted expectations as required